Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's bright!

It turned out a bit brighter than I thought it would be!

My sister, owner and operator of The Coupon Clippers www.thecouponclippers.com asked me to make a quilt for the Anchorage, a camp in NC who will be having a Ladies' Retreat in September, 2014. This quilt will be a door prize for the ladies who come.  She and the ladies who are organizing the retreat sent me a picture of a quilt they liked (actually they chose one from among several that I sent them) and I tried to make it similar.  I think the original called for 4.5" squares, but I used 5". The original pattern called for a small quilt, but I made this one larger. It is queen sized.

This quilt is the quintessential traditional quilt using simple 5" squares, 1.5" sashing and cornerstones, put on point. Really, really simple, folks. At least in theory.  Working with long strips and then those little cornerstones wasn't so simple, but on paper it sure seems like it should be!

Here it is:




Because I  currently live in Poland, we will be taking this with us when we travel back to the states for my older daughter's graduation from college (and number 2 son's graduation with his master's degree and then wedding).



No comments:

Post a Comment